Thursday, January 7, 2010

Review

Okay....so perhaps blogging isn't my thing. I have been very neglectful. The longer it's been since I've posted anything, the more I've felt overwhelmed by how much I would need to do to catch up, which made me postpone even more. So I decided my only options were to a) take down my blog, since it's so outdated it's embarrassing; or b) not worry about catching up on everything that's happened in the past six months and just start up again with the present. And since I'm writing now, I guess that means I went with option b. But since the past six months have been really eventful, I'll just include some highlights:


Steve and I moved to Miami and love it! Especially the weather :) It took almost a week long road trip to get here, which was actually cool since we got to see the country (loved Nashville and South Carolina, hated the boring drive across Kansas). We live in a cute little townhouse that's right by campus and about 15 minutes from the beach.



Steve just finished his first semester of law school at the University of Miami, and it was hard work! I really admire him for studying so hard and putting so much work into this goal. I'm working in the Faculty Senate Office at UM, which had been really nice, because Steve and I get to carpool everyday, and have lunch together. I don't know if I would have seen him much last semester if we weren't going to the same place everyday, so I feel really lucky.


We added a new member to our little family- our new puppy Charlie Brown. He is kind of a troublemaker, but really cute, and he and Snoopi are such good friends and love to play together. In some ways it's easier having two dogs, because they get worn out playing together.




Steve and I haven't had too much time to explore Miami, but we're hoping this summer we can get out a little more. We have managed to do a few cool things since we've been here though. For our anniversary we went to a nice dinner and spent the night at a beautiful golf resort in Doral. We went to several University of Miami football games, a Dolphins game, and a Marlins game. And last weekend we went on a 2-night cruise, but that will get it's own post, because I don't have the pictures downloaded yet.

We've loved having people come visit us in Miami (so everyone please make your travel plans now!) My brother Parker and his girlfriend Lyndsey came for Labor Day weekend, and it was so fun! We hung out at South Beach, saw alligators in the Everglades, sang Journey songs at a piano bar, and ate a lot of sweet potato fries. Then in November my mom and Aunt Brentz came to visit, which was great! Steve was so busy with school then, so I was really glad to have some company. We played lots of games, went to brunch and the beach on Key Biscayne, and played at the pool. Thanks to everyone who came to visit, we love you! We also have enjoyed going home to Colorado and Utah to see our families for Thanksgiving and Christmas, but next year we think everyone should come here, where it's not freezing!

So there's a quick 6-months in review, and I'll try not to let it go so long next time. To sum it all up, even though these huge life changes have been a little stressful at times, I am really so happy with where Steve and I are right now, and feel very blessed to have him as my partner in all this.

3 comments:

Monica said...

Loved the post! Can't believe you've been married for a year already! you guys look so cute and happy together! Florida, huh? So exciting! Glad to see you're doing well!

Tiffany Anderson said...

Good choice on keeping the blog! I love the post! You sound so happy and I am happy for you! We miss you in Utah and I wish that I was in a hot warm place!

Kevin, Rachel & Claire said...

Hailey!! I didn't know you had a blog! Yay now I can keep up on what you guys are doing! You two are soo cute and it was so great to be able to see you a few weeks ago and be there for your special day. Love you